Queen Pawn Openings
King Pawn Openings
King's Indian Attack and Defense
The London System - a strong response to many defenses
How to Think and Plan in Chess
Interesting Articles, Videos, and Sites
Last, but Not Least:
- Write down your opponent's move.
- Ask yourself: what are all the things your opponent's move does? Look at checks, captures and threats, in that order.
- What are all the positive things you want to do? This includes potential tactics.
- What are all the candidate moves which might accomplish on or more of your goals.
of these candidate moves can you reject immediately because they are
not safe? (Find checks, captures and threats that defeat the move.)
- Of the final candidate moves, which one is the best you can find in a reasonable amount of time?